What kind of strings come on my Sterling by Music Man guitar and bass?

We proudly use Ernie Ball strings for the best tone!

Guitars use 9-42 or 10-46 sets. The very first shipments used 9-42 sets. We made a running change and upped the gauges to 10-46 for better tone and consistent set ups.

4 string basses use .045, .065, .080, .100
5 string basses use .045, .065, .080, .100, .130

How do I adjust the neck/truss rod?

Sterling by Music Man instruments use a spoke style wheel adjustment which is located at the end of the neck (where it meets the body). Any skinny metal stick (screwdriver, allen key) will fit into the holes and turn the spoke wheel to the desired position. This is the same style that the Music Man instruments use and does not require a specialized tool to adjust the truss rod. We provide each instrument with a chrome truss rod adjuster.

Have an instrument in need of service?
What is the best thing to do?

Contact us at 714-532-6657 or by email Sterling By Music Man Service Center to obtain a Return Authorization number. We can also provide some assistance by phone or email, but if your instrument does require service you will need to ship it to us with all freight costs prepaid to:

Praxis Musical Instruments Inc.
1850 W. Collins Ave
Orange, CA 92867

If you have a specific topic that you do not see addressed here, call

(714) 532-6657 or email us. We will respond as quickly as possible.